The Legal team at Coles is committed to understanding the goals and values of the business. Team members within the legal function fast become trusted advisers to the business, offering practical and commercial advice across a broad array of platforms.
A great opportunity to assist the Company Secretariat function with the administration of the Group’s and Board’s affairs to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory standards.
With your sound legal secretarial administrative skills you’ll be responsible for the delivery of administrative and secretarial assistance to the Company Secretary team members, assist in maintaining Coles Share Register including liaison with external Share Registrar and providing support for ad hoc shareholder queries and the dividend process as well as maintaining subsidiary company registers and statutory filings.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Experience in administrative or assistant roles in a corporate environment law firm or supporting a Company Secretary
- Experience working in a Company Secretariat or legal environment
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, including the ability to adapt to a changing environment, manage multiple tasks, prioritise work manage time and meet deadlines
- Secretarial, business administration or other relevant tertiary qualification
- Ability to maintain a consistent and strict level of confidentiality always
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills to provide an exceptional customer experience to team members and other stakeholders
- Proactive and collaborative person
- Strong attention to detail and ability to autonomously complete work, including written work to a high standard
- Ability to manage multiple priorities whilst managing multiple stakeholder expectations professionally
Our commitment of making good things happen at Coles starts with our people. It is important for us to celebrate our wins and develop our people. In addition to a competitive salary, the other good things include:
- Receiving a team member discount and exclusive team member offers;
- Sampling new products and flavours before they hit the shelves;
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers;
- Access to an onsite childcare School Holiday Program;
- Access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic; and
- Being part of a fun and inclusive culture where you can learn and develop your skills through our excellent ongoing training and development
At Coles, we are all about our people. As a top-30 ASX listed company, we are a dynamic, empowering and collaborative organisation that is focused on ensuring a positive, inclusive work environment for all team members. We believe in energising everyone by having you become part of a more purposeful work life. At Coles, we believe we are better together when team members can perform at their best and will support you in bringing your best self every day. So, how will you make good things happen at Coles?
At Coles, we know we are at our best when our team is representative of the communities we serve and are proud of our commitment to providing supportive work environments for all team members. We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including the LGBTI community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.