The Digital team is focused on reinventing and transforming the shopping experience to best suit our customers' needs and making their lives easier. We look ahead to continuously assess how we can apply the latest technologies in innovative ways to constantly improve the shopping experience. We drive evolutionary architecture, technical innovation and data driven decisions to implement our strategy. We pride ourselves on being a creative and forward-thinking group, focused on building the next generation of digital retailing.
The Test Lead is required to manage test delivery of projects in the platform, provide quality governance across all phases of testing conducted by in-house and partner teams, and drive uplift initiatives.
Your responsibility as a Test Lead is to ensure correct translation of functional, technical, infrastructure and data requirements into testing specifications and test cases.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Take overall accountability of test delivery in terms of scope, schedule, cost, quality, risk, issue, dependency and stakeholder management
- Development of input into test strategies and plans
- Identify testing resourcing needs ensuring efficient and effective utilisation of the testing team
- Assist with testing estimates for projects, or for validating and reviewing peer submissions
- Provide test support for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and conduct the testing cycle and all testing efforts, through the adherence to defined test methodology and processes
- Provide quality assurance services to the development teams by conducting system testing exercises as required to ensure quality in the development of nominated systems development projects
- Create and maintain test scripts to the required auditable level - contents, expected results, and pass/fail criteria
- Identify, research, report, track and manage software defects proactively and comprehensively
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Demonstrated experience with testing methodology, testing processes, and testing automation (Selenium, UFT), preferably within the Retail or Supply Chain industries
- Several years of test experience and exposure to diverse testing processes and methodologies (a mix of Waterfall and Agile)
- Ability to communicate and drive improvement initiatives
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Proven experience in testing for critical systems
- Solid expertise using Microfocus ALM (QC), Confluence and JIRA
- Experience in retail supply chain is advantageous however not essential
- Degree qualification along with ISTQB test certification
Our commitment of making good things happen at Coles starts with our people. It is important for us to celebrate our wins and develop our people. In addition to a competitive salary, the other good things include:
- Receiving a team member discount and exclusive team member offers;
- Sampling new products and flavours before they hit the shelves;
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers;
- Access to an onsite childcare School Holiday Program;
- Access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic; and
- Being part of a fun and inclusive culture where you can learn and develop your skills through our excellent ongoing training and development
At Coles, we are all about our people. As a top-30 ASX listed company, we are a dynamic, empowering and collaborative organisation that is focused on ensuring a positive, inclusive work environment for all team members. We believe in energising everyone by having you become part of a more purposeful work life. At Coles, we believe we are better together when team members can perform at their best and will support you in bringing your best self every day. So, how will you make good things happen at Coles?
At Coles, we know we are at our best when our team is representative of the communities we serve and are proud of our commitment to providing supportive work environments for all team members. We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including the LGBTI community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.