Our customers are at the heart of Merchandise. Connecting with and understanding our customer needs is an important part of everything we do. The merchandise team sits within all Business Units (Grocery, Non-Food, Fresh Produce, Bakery, Dairy/Freezer and Meat/Deli/Seafood) across Coles Supermarkets. This is a diverse team, from category management and supply chain, to product development and marketing. Merchandise is a dynamic, high profile area and is committed to identifying and delivering what’s best for Coles and our customers, today and into the future.
Support in the implementation of Business Unit strategies to land Bakery, Deli and Seafood initiatives in-store that drive sales and profit.
Bring the store lens to strategy design and execution e.g. ensure equipment, processes, reporting are fit to land for stores. Engaging with senior stakeholders you will work in partnership to manage and deliver projects on time, within budget and with realised operational and commercial benefits.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing strategy through people and process.
- An experienced leader who has demonstrated results in coaching and influencing at all level of the organization
- Extensive retail experience
- Strong planning and program management skills
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage various projects
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Tertiary qualified, and ideally further post graduate studies – desired but not mandatory
- Operational experience essential, with strong leadership foundations
- Proven leadership of large teams, building and developing training program’s
- Commercially astute, with experience in project management
- Collaborative in your style, inclusive in making decisions
- Must be able to work through ambiguity
- Proven track record in delivering customer focused outcomes
Our commitment of making good things happen at Coles starts with our people. It is important for us to celebrate our wins and develop our people. In addition to a competitive salary, the other good things include:
- Receiving a team member discount and exclusive team member offers;
- Sampling new products and flavours before they hit the shelves;
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers;
- Access to an onsite childcare School Holiday Program;
- Access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic; and
- Being part of a fun and inclusive culture where you can learn and develop your skills through our excellent ongoing training and development
At Coles, we are all about our people. As a top-30 ASX listed company, we are a dynamic, empowering and collaborative organisation that is focused on ensuring a positive, inclusive work environment for all team members. We believe in energising everyone by having you become part of a more purposeful work life. At Coles, we believe we are better together when team members can perform at their best and will support you in bringing your best self every day. So, how will you make good things happen at Coles?
At Coles, we know we are at our best when our team is representative of the communities we serve and are proud of our commitment to providing supportive work environments for all team members. We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including the LGBTI community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.