The Digital team is focused on reinventing and transforming the shopping experience to best suit our customers' needs and making their lives easier. We look ahead to continuously assess how we can apply the latest technologies in innovative ways to constantly improve the shopping experience. We drive evolutionary architecture, technical innovation and data driven decisions to implement our strategy. We pride ourselves on being a creative and forward-thinking group, focused on building the next generation of digital retailing.
Part of the broader infrastructure team you will work in our End User Computing group . This is a technology team focussed on implementing, managing and maintaining team member facing solutions and services including Exchange, MDM, Office 365, Virtual Desktop and SOE management.
The team provides support, services and advice to over 9000 team members above store – this role will be largely focussed on our corporate/office team members.
Working with the team you will lead and manage the Exchange infrastructure as well as be comfortable mentoring more junior engineers.
Other elements of the role are resolving support incidents, documenting processes and configurations and maintaining, updating and patching the infrastructure, monitoring disk space and backups as well as project work for Exchange and related technologies.
You will be predominantly based in Tooronga and work with a variety of internal and vendor teams.
You will be happy to manage changes, have a get things done type attitude and enjoy seeing projects through from start to finish.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Deep knowledge of Exchange 2016 and Exchange Online preferably in a Hybrid configuration
- Strong understanding of the broader Office 365 family
- Patching, troubleshooting and building new infrastructure
- Experience as a Senior engineer in a medium to large enterprise environment
- A customer first mentality
- Experience in an ITIL driven environment
- Knowledge of Rightfax and Symantec Enterprise Vault desirable, but not required.
Our commitment of making good things happen at Coles starts with our people. It is important for us to celebrate our wins and develop our people. In addition to a competitive salary, the other good things include:
- Receiving a team member discount and exclusive team member offers;
- Sampling new products and flavours before they hit the shelves;
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers;
- Access to an onsite childcare School Holiday Program;
- Access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic; and
- Being part of a fun and inclusive culture where you can learn and develop your skills through our excellent ongoing training and development
At Coles, we are all about our people. As a top-30 ASX listed company, we are a dynamic, empowering and collaborative organisation that is focused on ensuring a positive, inclusive work environment for all team members. We believe in energising everyone by having you become part of a more purposeful work life. At Coles, we believe we are better together when team members can perform at their best and will support you in bringing your best self every day. So, how will you make good things happen at Coles?
At Coles, we know we are at our best when our team is representative of the communities we serve and are proud of our commitment to providing supportive work environments for all team members. We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including the LGBTI community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.