Coles Group Insurance is committed to helping Australians live happier, healthier lives through the effective protection of our team members, customers and business. Working across Coles, we understand what key risks and how insurance will provide effective cover, ranging from property, cyber and public liability to our self-insured licences for workers compensation. Coles Group Insurance provides contract advice, insurance coverage, claims management and feedback loops with actionable insights to ensure continuous improvement in reducing risk at Coles.
The Public Liability Team engages and collaborates across the entire Coles family to manage customer claims nationally.
Reporting to the National Manager – Public liability claims, you evaluate claim exposure and work closely with appointed legal panel to develop appropriate litigation plans to achieve resolution options.
Key responsibilities include:
- complex claim assessments and working closely with Legal on claim strategy and resolution options.
- communication with the business, insurer, witnesses, solicitors and other service providers to obtain and determine all necessary case information, and maintain contact throughout the life of the claim.
- evaluate, negotiate and organise settlements within designated authority.
- manage, monitor and review the work of Legal and external service providers.
- work with the relevant Personal Injury team common law specialists to determine consistent frameworks and principles for dealing with complex litigated claims with a personal injury component.
- provide technical advice and guidance for other claims staff.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- proven experience in litigated claims management environment and relevant legislative frameworks.
- strong understanding of complex litigated and injury claim investigations and management and advanced knowledge of policy terminology, legal principles involving insurance, and emerging industry trends.
- demonstrated background in managing, negotiation and settling complex, litigated liability claim and a strong understanding of key regulatory and statutory insurance obligations.
- excellent written and verbal, problem solving, analytical skills and commercial judgement.
- strong liaison, negotiation and interpersonal skills to maintain effective relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in law. Insurance industry qualifications (e.g. ANZIIF) is highly desirable.
Our commitment of making good things happen at Coles starts with our people. It is important for us to celebrate our wins and develop our people. In addition to a competitive salary, the other good things include:
- Receiving a team member discount and exclusive team member offers;
- Sampling new products and flavours before they hit the shelves;
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers;
- Access to an onsite childcare School Holiday Program;
- Access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic; and
- Being part of a fun and inclusive culture where you can learn and develop your skills through our excellent ongoing training and development
At Coles, we are all about our people. As a top-30 ASX listed company, we are a dynamic, empowering and collaborative organisation that is focused on ensuring a positive, inclusive work environment for all team members. We believe in energising everyone by having you become part of a more purposeful work life. At Coles, we believe we are better together when team members can perform at their best and will support you in bringing your best self every day. So, how will you make good things happen at Coles?
At Coles, we know we are at our best when our team is representative of the communities we serve and are proud of our commitment to providing supportive work environments for all team members. We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including the LGBTI community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.