At Coles, the Finance team is not only looking at today but the future as well. By working cross functionally with all teams, we evaluate the performance of the business, provide actionable insights and support strategic business decisions. We ensure Coles is set up for success, making life easier for our customers and our teams.
In this position you will play a key role in providing a management link between BU finance teams and the trading and leadership team through facilitating key messaging on business performances, plans, and progress states and designing and preparing presentation decks. This will require a detailed understanding of the Total Supermarkets P&L, and an ability to provide narrative around the relationship between trade performance and how this impact’s other elements of the P&L.
You will also support the overall central business unit finance function in managing their overheads, closing out the weekly and periodic results, managing the weekly P&L integrity and ensuring timely completion of all period end reporting deliverables to Group Finance.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- a CA/CPA qualification
- experience in preparing and designing professional quality presentation decks, and distilling information for executive level
- experience in FP&A
- Solid skills in relevant Office applications, TM1, SAP and BIW a preference
- The ability to distil and effectively communicate complex information to a broad range of audience
- strong commercial and analytical skills to support understanding of key business performance drivers, and raise recommendations on actions required to improve performance
- strong influencing skills, and exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- an understanding of retail dynamics and passion for retail
Our commitment of making good things happen at Coles starts with our people. It is important for us to celebrate our wins and develop our people. In addition to a competitive salary, the other good things include:
- Receiving a team member discount and exclusive team member offers
- Sampling new products and flavours before they hit the shelves
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers
- Access to an onsite childcare School Holiday Program
- Access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic; and
- Being part of a fun and inclusive culture where you can learn and develop your skills through our excellent ongoing training and development
At Coles, we are all about our people. As a top-30 ASX listed company, we are a dynamic, empowering and collaborative organisation that is focused on ensuring a positive, inclusive work environment for all team members. We believe in energising everyone by having you become part of a more purposeful work life. At Coles, we believe we are better together when team members can perform at their best and will support you in bringing your best self every day. So, how will you make good things happen at Coles?
At Coles, we know we are at our best when our team is representative of the communities we serve and are proud of our commitment to providing supportive work environments for all team members. We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including the LGBTI community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.