The Safety team at Coles is committed to building a safe, happy and energised team. With a solid commitment to embedding a strong safety culture, this team works hard to raise awareness and support, coach and guide the team on safety best practice. Our team members’ safety and wellbeing, and the safety of our customers, is the number one goal.
At Coles, we are passionate about providing our customers with the best possible retail experience. To help us do this, we're always searching for talented people with great ideas, energy and a passion for helping others.
To achieve our goals, we are looking for a National Transport Compliance Specialist to create and execute the compliance transport safety plan across supermarket supply chain and other networks. This role can be based from Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane and requires some travel to ensure you maintain trusted relationships with our transport teams and suppliers.
Reporting to the National Transport Safety Manager, this newly created role will see you deliver compliance reporting and programs to ensure we are improving the health, safety and well-being of our extended Supply Chain network. Furthermore, you will use your strong ability to build solid relationships that will see you provide leadership and coaching on transport compliance, manage risks associated with safety legislation and deliver broad change management to achieve business safety standards.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- an open and inclusive personality that embraces challenges and thrives in a national team environment
- the ability to contribute to a great work culture with Coles and its Supply Chain partners
- demonstrated experience in a safety or compliance related role within transport, warehousing or logistics
- hold qualifications in safety and/or risk compliance, or a related discipline
- the ability to motivate and influence cross-functional teams and forums to adopt safety as a core value
- extensive knowledge, skill and experience in interpretation of the Heavy Vehicle National Law, Vehicle Design Regulations and associated WHS Regulations
- sound knowledge of Dangerous Goods, Food Safety and Risk Management practices
- experience working with accredited safety management systems
- the ability to transform complex data and concepts into simple outputs for Supply Chain leaders to act upon as a part of our Due Diligence requirements
Our commitment of making good things happen at Coles starts with our people. It is important for us to celebrate our wins and develop our people. In addition to a competitive salary, the other good things include:
- receiving a team member discount and exclusive team member offers;
- sampling new products and flavours before they hit the shelves;
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers;
- access to an onsite childcare School Holiday Program;
- access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic; and
- being part of a fun and inclusive culture where you can learn and develop your skills through our excellent ongoing training and development
At Coles, we are all about our people. As a top-30 ASX listed company, we are a dynamic, empowering and collaborative organisation that is focused on ensuring a positive, inclusive work environment for all team members. We believe in energising everyone by having you become part of a more purposeful work life. At Coles, we believe we are better together when team members can perform at their best and will support you in bringing your best self every day. So, how will you make good things happen at Coles?
At Coles, we know we are at our best when our team is representative of the communities we serve and are proud of our commitment to providing supportive work environments for all team members. We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including the LGBTI community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.