Coles is one of Australia’s iconic retailers with over 2,500 retail outlets, around 115,000 team members and a top 30 listing on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). We provide a range of fresh food, groceries, general merchandise, liquor and fuel to millions of customers every week.
We have continued to deliver with pride for over 100 years by energising and supporting our team members, suppliers, and the broader community. This is driven by our purpose of making life easier for our customers and teams.
Based at our Laverton chilled distribution centre (DC), the Quality Inspector sits within the Quality Management team who maintain the supply of great quality food from our suppliers to our stores.
Being a casual position, working up to 20 hours per week, there’s a requirement to be able to work weekends and public holidays with flexible start times (based on business needs). Please note, this is predominantly a night shift position working between 10pm to 6am.
With training provided to help you develop a strong understanding of quality standards and product specifications, you’ll maintain the tools and equipment and manage the timely completion of quality inspections for fresh produce and chilled deliveries from our suppliers.
By utilising various processes and testing equipment, you’ll record and communicate inspection outcomes to the Coles Quality and Commercial teams, helping ensure the highest quality products are despatched from our DC to our stores.
This is a unique opportunity to make good things happen at Coles and assist with delivering our fresh food strategy where quality meets customer service!
To be successful, you’ll have:
- experience working in a fast-paced environment, collaborating with your team
- excellent priority, time management and communication skills to complete tasks on time and to a high standard
- a proactive approach, able to work quickly and identify challenges and risks
- the ability to work flexibly across shifts with early starts, as required
- worked with or can learn quickly how to use a range of tools/equipment or systems for quality testing
Our commitment of making good things happen at Coles starts with our people. It is important for us to celebrate our wins and develop our people. In addition to a competitive salary, the other good things include:
- Receiving a team member discount and exclusive team member offers;
- Sampling new products and flavours before they hit the shelves;
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers;
- Access to an onsite childcare School Holiday Program;
- Access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic; and
- Being part of a fun and inclusive culture where you can learn and develop your skills through our excellent ongoing training and development
At Coles, we are all about our people. As a top-30 ASX listed company, we are a dynamic, empowering and collaborative organisation that is focused on ensuring a positive, inclusive work environment for all team members. We believe in energising everyone by having you become part of a more purposeful work life. At Coles, we believe we are better together when team members can perform at their best and will support you in bringing your best self every day. So, how will you make good things happen at Coles?
At Coles, we know we are at our best when our team is representative of the communities we serve and are proud of our commitment to providing supportive work environments for all team members. We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including the LGBTI community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.