Connecting with and understanding our customer is an important focus for the Coles Liquor team. Supporting our three liquor brands, this team is made up of many functions from supply chain, to marketing, finance and strategy, allowing us to really deliver with pride. The Liquor team is an exciting and dynamic area of the business and is committed to being Australia’s favourite drinks retailer.
As part of the commercial team focus on range and space, this role is a critical role in partnering with Category Managers across all three liquor brands to deliver an agile customer focused range review process.
Your responsibility will include but not limited to:
- analyse store/category performance to determine appropriate store clusters and range decision recommendations
- maintain an accurate and reliable data store of range and space information through JDA space planning software
- conduct in-depth range reviews providing meaningful insights and actionable outcomes
- be the voice of the customer, challenging our Category Managers ranging decisions to improve our competitive range position
- consolidate and align of finalised range review decisions across brands.work closely with space planners to provide an accurate and reliable suite of planograms to ensure correct ranging in stores
- support in-store availability strategy and growth within the business, setting the agenda for optimal range, space and display for each category
- liaise with our stores to communicate all range changes as well as providing simple and clear merchandising processes that our team members land effectively in stores
To be successful, you’ll have:
- a passion for strategy and planning (system development roadmap) with the ability to drive change
- range and space planning experience in a retail setting
- technical and practical knowledge in JDA space planning software, as well as intermediate to advance level of Excel skills
- a fine-tuned understanding of complexities of a range review process
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to build relationships and work with all levels of the organisation
Our commitment of making good things happen at Coles starts with our people. It is important for us to celebrate our wins and develop our people. In addition to a competitive salary, the other good things include:
- Receiving a team member discount and exclusive team member offers;
- Sampling new products and flavours before they hit the shelves;
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers;
- Access to an onsite childcare School Holiday Program;
- Access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic; and
- Being part of a fun and inclusive culture where you can learn and develop your skills through our excellent ongoing training and development
At Coles, we are all about our people. As a top-30 ASX listed company, we are a dynamic, empowering and collaborative organisation that is focused on ensuring a positive, inclusive work environment for all team members. We believe in energising everyone by having you become part of a more purposeful work life. At Coles, we believe we are better together when team members can perform at their best and will support you in bringing your best self every day. So, how will you make good things happen at Coles?
At Coles, we know we are at our best when our team is representative of the communities we serve and are proud of our commitment to providing supportive work environments for all team members. We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including the LGBTI community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.