Our People & Culture team at Coles is focused on our people. It plays an imperative role in the creation of shared strategic goals to continually better our workplace and form teams with diversity. Each day brings something new, as you empower and support our team members, provide sound advice and guidance to our leaders and drive strategic projects that influence the culture at Coles sites across the nation.
In this newly created role, you will manage a team of P&C Advisors and Graduates who are the first point of contact for P&C queries and issue resolution. In this role you will ensure your team delivers accurate, timely and complete P&C support and advice to the business as well as ensuring P&C processes and policies are robustly applied in a way that ensures business objectives are met, and respect & care for team members is maintained.
Reporting into the P&C Manager, Central (Store Support Centre) you will support the P&C Managers across the business in the delivery of the Strategic People Plans, P&C calendar and annual activity cycle ensuring consistency across functions and teams.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- in depth P&C generalist experience
- sound knowledge, skill and experience of general P&C practices, P&C systems and P&C methodologies ideally in a large complex environment
- experience drawing on P&C Centres of Excellence to get things done fast
- tertiary qualified or demonstrated strong performance in a P&C role – e.g. recruitment, advisory or P&C coordination
- Human Capital Management systems experience
Our commitment of making good things happen at Coles starts with our people. It is important for us to celebrate our wins and develop our people. In addition to a competitive salary, the other good things include:
- Receiving a team member discount and exclusive team member offers;
- Sampling new products and flavours before they hit the shelves;
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers;
- Access to an onsite childcare School Holiday Program;
- Access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic; and
- Being part of a fun and inclusive culture where you can learn and develop your skills through our excellent ongoing training and development
At Coles, we are all about our people. As a top-30 ASX listed company, we are a dynamic, empowering and collaborative organisation that is focused on ensuring a positive, inclusive work environment for all team members. We believe in energising everyone by having you become part of a more purposeful work life. At Coles, we believe we are better together when team members can perform at their best and will support you in bringing your best self every day. So, how will you make good things happen at Coles?
At Coles, we know we are at our best when our team is representative of the communities we serve and are proud of our commitment to providing supportive work environments for all team members. We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including the LGBTI community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.