Our customers are at the heart of Merchandise. Connecting with and understanding our customer needs is an important part of everything we do. The merchandise team sits within all Business Units (Grocery, Non-Food, Fresh Produce, Bakery and Meat/Deli/Seafood/Meals) across Coles Supermarkets. This is a diverse team, from category management and supply chain, to product development and marketing. Merchandise is a dynamic, high profile area and is committed to identifying and delivering what’s best for Coles and our customers, today and into the future.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Merchandise professional to work with the award-winning Business Unit Academy, a training and capability platform that partners closely with our Merchandise teams.
As part of the Centres of Excellence; in this position you will drive training and capability improvement of the Business Unit team members through training, coaching and continuous improvement.
With a specific focus on Merchandise, the role includes:
- Liaising and managing internal and external stakeholders to develop and deliver appropriate content
- Identification of common skill gaps and development and delivery of programs to address such gaps
- Maintenance of training and induction material, as well as the development of new material where appropriate
- Management of training and capability brand ‘Business Unit Academy’ and ‘Business Unit awards’
To be successful, you’ll have:
- a number of years’ experience within an FMCG, or retail environment
- a Bachelor’ Degree, or equivalent in a relative field
- experience coordinating, presenting and facilitating training and workshops
- experience developing training content and materials for complex organisations
- project management skills - to deliver programs effectively, on time, that meet a variety of requirements
- a strong understanding of Merchandise operations in the retail environment, i.e. Category Management, Supply Chain, Operations
- strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to communicate and influence at various levels of the business
- strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Our commitment of making good things happen at Coles starts with our people. It is important for us to celebrate our wins and develop our people. In addition to a competitive salary, the other good things include:
- Receiving a team member discount and exclusive team member offers;
- Sampling new products and flavours before they hit the shelves;
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers;
- Access to an onsite childcare School Holiday Program;
- Access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic; and
- Being part of a fun and inclusive culture where you can learn and develop your skills through our excellent ongoing training and development
At Coles, we are all about our people. As a top-30 ASX listed company, we are a dynamic, empowering and collaborative organisation that is focused on ensuring a positive, inclusive work environment for all team members. We believe in energising everyone by having you become part of a more purposeful work life. At Coles, we believe we are better together when team members can perform at their best and will support you in bringing your best self every day. So, how will you make good things happen at Coles?
At Coles, we know we are at our best when our team is representative of the communities we serve and are proud of our commitment to providing supportive work environments for all team members. We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including the LGBTI community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.