Our People & Culture team at Coles is focused on our people. It plays an imperative role in the creation of shared strategic goals to continually better our workplace and form teams with diversity. Each day brings something new, as you empower and support our team members, provide sound advice and guidance to our leaders and drive strategic projects that influence the culture at Coles sites across the nation.
Based in our Support Centre in Macquarie Park NSW, the Coles HR Advisory Services team has an exciting opportunity for an experienced workplace relations or HR legal professional to join our team for a 9 month fixed-term opportunity.
You’ll join a stimulating, supportive and friendly environment where every day is different.
The role provides comprehensive advice and support to line managers across all Coles' businesses including escalations within NSW and nationally as required. Additionally, you will represent Coles in the early stages of litigation, such as conciliations and conferences in the Fair Work Commission and in equal opportunity tribunals.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- significant experience in managing and resolving complex workplace relations issues, including conducting workplace investigations into alleged breaches of employment policies or legislation
- experience supporting line managers working with team members with non-work related long term illnesses and injuries
- advanced written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- a strong customer focus
- proven ability to clearly outline risk and make informed recommendations in a fast paced environment
- a passion for developing line manager workplace relations capability
- exposure to the Fair Work Commission
- relevant tertiary qualifications in Employment Law/Human Resources.
Our commitment of making good things happen at Coles starts with our people. It is important for us to celebrate our wins and develop our people. In addition to a competitive salary, the other good things include:
- Receiving a team member discount and exclusive team member offers;
- Sampling new products and flavours before they hit the shelves;
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers;
- Being part of a fun and inclusive culture where you can learn and develop your skills through our excellent ongoing training and development
At Coles, we are all about our people. As a top-30 ASX listed company, we are a dynamic, empowering and collaborative organisation that is focused on ensuring a positive, inclusive work environment for all team members. We believe in energising everyone by having you become part of a more purposeful work life. At Coles, we believe we are better together when team members can perform at their best and will support you in bringing your best self every day. So, how will you make good things happen at Coles?
At Coles, we know we are at our best when our team is representative of the communities we serve and are proud of our commitment to providing supportive work environments for all team members. We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including the LGBTI community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.