Procurement at Coles is focused on delivering more efficient ways to operate while making a positive difference to Australian communities and our business. We are transforming and elevating the way we function, by enabling our team with new processes and systems that will foster growth and improve customer feedback. To help us do this, we're constantly on the lookout to 'procure' the best talent for our team.
We have a new opportunity for 2 passionate Procurement professionals to join the team as Tactical Sourcing Specialists.
This role will see you utilising your negotiation, influencing and communication skills with the purpose to identify preferred Suppliers that can satisfy gated Business requirements at the lowest competitive price.
In this position, your key responsibilities will be to work closely with Procurement and the Business to develop category execution guidance to operationalise contracts for purchasing with qualified/preferred Suppliers. In addition, you will:
- Identify and implement opportunities for increased utilised of Ariba ‘Spot Buy’ for low value/ad-hoc consumable purchases
- Identify opportunities to reduce value leakage by driving increased spend under contract and demand aggregation
- Identify opportunities to rationalise tail spend
In this role, you will report directly to the Procurement S2P Enablement Manager.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Experience working in a Procurement operations function
- Prior experience using SAP Ariba or equivalent Procurement technology
- A degree in degree in Supply Chain, Finance, IT, Engineering or Commerce, or corresponding experience
- Experience supporting Procurement category teams in the development of category execution guidance
- Strong communications skills, along with negotiation and influencing skills
Our commitment of making good things happen at Coles starts with our people. It is important for us to celebrate our wins and develop our people. In addition to a competitive salary, the other good things include:
- Receiving a team member discount and exclusive team member offers;
- Sampling new products and flavours before they hit the shelves;
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers;
- Access to an onsite childcare School Holiday Program;
- Access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic; and
- Being part of a fun and inclusive culture where you can learn and develop your skills through our excellent ongoing training and development
At Coles, we are all about our people. As a top-30 ASX listed company, we are a dynamic, empowering and collaborative organisation that is focused on ensuring a positive, inclusive work environment for all team members. We believe in energising everyone by having you become part of a more purposeful work life. At Coles, we believe we are better together when team members can perform at their best and will support you in bringing your best self every day. So, how will you make good things happen at Coles?
At Coles, we know we are at our best when our team is representative of the communities we serve and are proud of our commitment to providing supportive work environments for all team members. We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including the LGBTI community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.