The Legal team at Coles is committed to understanding the goals and values of the business. Team members within the legal function fast become trusted advisers to the business, offering practical and commercial advice across a broad array of platforms.
As Compliance Officer, you will support the implementation of the compliance program and provide regulatory and compliance advice to Coles Merchandise and Marketing teams. In this role, you will develop process maps and identify opportunity to strengthen compliance controls and execute compliance control tests to identify areas of improvement.
Within the remit of this position, you will be responsible to update compliance manuals and job aids as required, and to provide Merchandise and Marketing compliance support to business projects and initiatives as required.
In this role, you will report directly to the Merchandise Compliance Manager.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- proven experience working in Compliance or related role (Merchandise, Marketing, Risk Management, Legal, Quality Management, Audit or Business Operations)
- a deep understanding of laws and regulations applicable to Australian regulatory retail environment
- an ability to identify and translate legislation into simple and clear business procedure
- expertise analysing data, identify root causes and opportunity to improve, and developing process maps
- tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
Our commitment of making good things happen at Coles starts with our people. It is important for us to celebrate our wins and develop our people. In addition to a competitive salary, the other good things include:
- Receiving a team member discount and exclusive team member offers;
- Sampling new products and flavours before they hit the shelves;
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers;
- Access to an onsite childcare School Holiday Program;
- Access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic; and
- Being part of a fun and inclusive culture where you can learn and develop your skills through our excellent ongoing training and development
At Coles, we are all about our people. As a top-30 ASX listed company, we are a dynamic, empowering and collaborative organisation that is focused on ensuring a positive, inclusive work environment for all team members. We believe in energising everyone by having you become part of a more purposeful work life. At Coles, we believe we are better together when team members can perform at their best and will support you in bringing your best self every day. So, how will you make good things happen at Coles?
At Coles, we know we are at our best when our team is representative of the communities we serve and are proud of our commitment to providing supportive work environments for all team members. We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including the LGBTI community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.