Our customers are at the heart of Merchandise. Connecting with and understanding our customer needs is an important part of everything we do. The merchandise team sits within all Business Units (Grocery, Non-Food, Fresh Produce, Bakery and Meat/Deli/Seafood/Meals) across Coles Supermarkets. This is a diverse team, from category management and supply chain, to product development and marketing. Merchandise is a dynamic, high profile area and is committed to identifying and delivering what’s best for Coles and our customers, today and into the future.
We presently have an opportunity for a Range and Space Planner to join our team within Fresh Convenience. You will work closely with category teams to champion range selection through our range review process, landing innovative range trials in store. You will also develop and maintain efficient and effective layouts that support’s Coles 800+ store network based on demographic and local needs. You will be at the forefront of range change, with first hand exposure to new product launches and shifts in market trends across the Australian retail landscape.
Your Primary objective will be to efficiently and effectively support range reviews and the delivery of the right range and micro space to enhance the customer experience, supporting sales and improving store efficiencies.
This dynamic role will see you working on key transformative strategic projects, enabling you to interact with all levels of the business, including strong relationship building with senior management, as well as suppliers. The stakeholders are many and the pace is fast, providing you with the ability to demonstrate your project and stakeholder management skills.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- space planning experience in JDA, SPACEMAN or APOLLO
- tertiary qualified in business, commerce or related field
- previous experience in a large retail, fast paced, FMCG environment
- experience working with customer and market insights advantageous
- experience in using large datasets, with the ability to analyse and determine performance to drive business outcomes
- strong understanding of product adjacency in a retail setting
- excellent planning and organisational abilities as well as strong people skills
- the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- proficient Excel and PowerPoint skills
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- a genuine passion for retail and a genuine desire to see your work come to life for our customers in stores
Our commitment of making good things happen at Coles starts with our people. It is important for us to celebrate our wins and develop our people. In addition to a competitive salary, the other good things include:
- Receiving a team member discount and exclusive team member offers;
- Sampling new products and flavours before they hit the shelves;
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers;
- Access to an onsite childcare School Holiday Program;
- Access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic; and
- Being part of a fun and inclusive culture where you can learn and develop your skills through our excellent ongoing training and development
At Coles, we are all about our people. As a top-30 ASX listed company, we are a dynamic, empowering and collaborative organisation that is focused on ensuring a positive, inclusive work environment for all team members. We believe in energising everyone by having you become part of a more purposeful work life. At Coles, we believe we are better together when team members can perform at their best and will support you in bringing your best self every day. So, how will you make good things happen at Coles?
At Coles, we know we are at our best when our team is representative of the communities we serve and are proud of our commitment to providing supportive work environments for all team members. We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including the LGBTI community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.