Coles is one of Australia’s iconic retailers with over 2,500 retail outlets, around 115,000 team members and a top 30 listing on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). We provide a range of fresh food, groceries, general merchandise, liquor and fuel to millions of customers every week.
We have continued to deliver with pride for over 100 years by energising and supporting our team members, suppliers, and the broader community. This is driven by our purpose of making life easier for our customers and teams.
The Digital team is focused on reinventing and transforming the shopping experience to best suit our customers' needs and making their lives easier. We look ahead to continuously assess how we can apply the latest technologies in innovative ways to constantly improve the shopping experience. We drive evolutionary architecture, technical innovation and data driven decisions to implement our strategy. We pride ourselves on being a creative and forward-thinking group, focused on building the next generation of digital retailing.
The Cloud Services Team provides the entry point for Coles consumption of external Cloud services. We control many aspects including governance, controls, security, reliability, automation and availability for consumption.
As part of the Coles Cloud Architecture team you will work closely with Enterprise and Solution architects every day with a focus on cloud first as strategic direction We are responsible for many aspects of Microsoft Azure including governance, controls, security, reliability, automation and availability for consumption.
We’re embarking on the design, development and deployment of many large enterprise scale systems and building them using brand new Cloud technologies.
Our primary focus is enabling the business to do just that – ensuring they consume the Cloud in a secure, efficient way. We’re in the process of re-defining how we provide these services to our consumers, so now is the right time to come on board and be part of the next stage in Cloud at Coles!
Reporting to the Digital Manager of Cloud Services and Architecture this role will embed you in the journey of building upon the current external Cloud services offering on the Azure Cloud.
We are embarking on the continued expansion of our enterprise fleet into Cloud, reviewing and updating existing application architecture; re-designing as required; and developing, testing and deploying into Azure through full automation.
The primary focus is enabling the business the speed and flexibility to consume Azure Services, whilst providing a secure environment for them. We want to re-define how our customers think about and consume Cloud. Why not join us and be part of this exciting stage in our journey of expanding Cloud at Coles!
There are also future opportunities to grow within Technical Architecture group comprising of Enterprise, Solution and Infrastructure Architects for entire Coles Group.
To be successful, you’ll have
- You’ll have a solid background in the provisioning of infrastructure-as-code that ideally has deployed a mixture of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings into Azure, or any of the other leading Cloud providers
- Proven experience in software development (OOM based languages like Java or C#, scripting with Perl, Python, PowerShell and Bash) or building infrastructure-as-code (such as ARM Templates or Terraform), plus experience with any of the numerous CI/CD technologies in the market
- You’ll be sure to have had experience developing and implementing all types of Cloud solutions with any of the top three providers such as Azure, AWS or Google
- We expect you’ll bring design experience, with the ability to take Infrastructure Architecture designs and deliver Cloud Detailed Designs based on that Architecture, aligning with our strategies and business drivers
- You’ll work with the Cloud Engineers and Developers, proving out those designs and implementing patterns to ensure we have re-usable artefacts that other Digital Teams can consume
- We’ll expect you have a firm grasp on Cloud, as our primary focus is now Azure, so you must be able to leverage ARM Templates (or Terraform) and have a thorough understanding of VNETs, NSGs, Service Endpoints and Route Tables at a minimum
Our commitment of making good things happen at Coles starts with our people. It is important for us to celebrate our wins and develop our people. In addition to a competitive salary, the other good things include:
- Receiving a team member discount and exclusive team member offers;
- Sampling new products and flavours before they hit the shelves;
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers;
- Access to an onsite childcare School Holiday Program;
- Access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic; and
- Being part of a fun and inclusive culture where you can learn and develop your skills through our excellent ongoing training and development
At Coles, we are all about our people. As a top-30 ASX listed company, we are a dynamic, empowering and collaborative organisation that is focused on ensuring a positive, inclusive work environment for all team members. We believe in energising everyone by having you become part of a more purposeful work life. At Coles, we believe we are better together when team members can perform at their best and will support you in bringing your best self every day. So, how will you make good things happen at Coles?
At Coles, we know we are at our best when our team is representative of the communities we serve and are proud of our commitment to providing supportive work environments for all team members. We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including the LGBTI community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.
This role is eligible for the Team Member Referral Program