Reporting to the Store Manager you will be the main point of contact within the store while Store Manager is off duty. You will take pride in contributing to a store which is encouraging, warm and welcoming for our team, customers and community members. Working within your local community, this is an excellent opportunity to combine your passion and retail leadership experience while progressing your career.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- lead, coach and develop your team
- recognise and celebrate success
- take a team approach to meet sales targets, cost control and rostering requirements
- inspire customers through presentation, merchandising and stock management
- always look to simplify processes and meet audit and compliance standards
- care passionately about providing a safe environment for our team and customers
- support all departments and provide coaching and guidance
- be bold and act with pace while ensuring quality of service and products
Coles is a fast-paced, constantly changing business that harnesses your talents and challenges you to perform at your best.
As a team, we’re bold with ideas and operate with pace and passion, always looking for better ways to transform retail and delight customers.
Not only will you receive a competitive salary*, you’ll also have access to these great benefits:
- a 5% discount when shopping at Coles, Kmart, Officeworks and Target
- learn new skills and develop your existing capabilities - we provide excellent ongoing training and development
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers
*As this is a salaried role, this position is not covered by the Coles Supermarkets Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Today, Coles is one of Australia’s iconic retailers, providing a range of fresh food, groceries, general merchandise, liquor and fuel to millions of customers every week.
We have a combination of over 2,400 retail outlets across Australia covering Coles supermarkets, Coles Express fuel and convenience sites, Spirit Hotels and liquor stores under Liquorland, Vintage Cellars and First Choice Liquor branding.
While some things have changed over the years, one thing remains the same – our customer first strategy. We have over 112,000 fantastic team members across the country who are focused on making life easier for our customers and making a difference to the communities we serve every day.
At Coles, we aim to ensure our team represents the community we serve, embracing the richness of Australia's diverse population.