Our customers are at the heart of Merchandise. Connecting with and understanding our customer needs is an important part of everything we do. The Merchandise team sits within all Business Units (Grocery, Non-Food, Fresh Produce, Bakery and Meat/Deli/Seafood/Meals) across Coles Supermarkets. This is a diverse team, from Category Management and Supply Chain, to Product Development and Marketing. Merchandise is a dynamic, high profile area and is committed to identifying and delivering what’s best for Coles and our customers, today and into the future.
Reporting into the Floor Planning Manager, you will focus on Floor Planning and Macro Space. Working with a broad stakeholder group you will build efficient and effective floor plans which deliver space optimisation that align to our business principles.
Key Responsibilities include:
- delivering customer centric, commercially and operationally efficient floorplans.
- ensuring delivery of all floor plans in line with blueprint principles to time and quality using JDA Floor Planning applications.
- ensuringall relevant market, space and customer insights are used to inform space decisions.
- measure and deliver improved Return on Space (ROS) on new and renewal stores by optimising space effectively.
- work closely with the Store Development team to advise on space related decisions and review total store.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- ideally had some space planning experience in either floor, shelf/planograms or visual merchandising.
- ideally experienced within a retail, or fast paced FMCG environment.
- excellent problem solving, analytical, numeracy and written skills.
- familiarity with space planning tools such as Spaceman, Apollo or JDA.
- capacity to communicate clearly and influence effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- in depth knowledge of product relationships and interdependencies within a store.
- basic CAD experience desirable, but not essential.
Our commitment of making good things happen at Coles starts with our people. It is important for us to celebrate our wins and develop our people. In addition to a competitive salary, the other good things include:
- Receiving a team member discount and exclusive team member offers;
- Sampling new products and flavours before they hit the shelves;
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers;
- Access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic; and
- Being part of a fun and inclusive culture where you can learn and develop your skills through our excellent ongoing training and development
At Coles, we are all about our people. As a top-30 ASX listed company, we are a dynamic, empowering and collaborative organisation that is focused on ensuring a positive, inclusive work environment for all team members. We believe in energising everyone by having you become part of a more purposeful work life. At Coles, we believe we are better together when team members can perform at their best and will support you in bringing your best self every day. So, how will you make good things happen at Coles?
At Coles, we aim to ensure our team represents the community we serve, embracing the richness of Australia's diverse population.