Building great careers and growing talent is a key objective at Coles and with our recent ASX listing we are looking for an experienced Corporate Affairs professional to join the business. Reporting to the Chief Executive – Coles Express, Online & Corporate Affairs, this position represents a unique opportunity to lead this function in an ASX top 30 business to help cement Coles’ position as Australia's best food retailer. As a team, we’re bold with ideas and operate with pace and passion, always looking for better ways to transform retail and delight customers.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead Coles’ media relations and internal communications strategy
- Lead Coles’ external affairs program
- Direct the company’s Government Affairs strategy
- Lead the program of Federal and State Government engagement
- Liaise and negotiate outcomes on behalf of Coles
- Deliver community and sustainability strategies that win for Coles and support the key pillars of our strategy
- Work with the company’s senior management and multiple internal business units including Investor Relations and Company Secretary functions
To operate at this senior level in our incredibly fast paced business we will be looking for a candidate who meets the following criteria:
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years experience leading the Corporate Affairs function in an ASX top 50 company
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Australian government relations and industry relations environment;
- Extensive strategic communications experience, including development of stakeholder strategies in a complex, multi-stakeholder, issues-rich organisation;
- Proven team leadership, coaching and professional development experience;
- Ability to achieve outcomes under pressure and working effectively in an environment of uncertainty and change;
- Experience developing and implementing campaigns through a variety of traditional and new media channels
- High level experience in liaising effectively with senior politicians, key officials and advisers at different levels of Government and industry
More About Us
Today, Coles is one of Australia’s iconic retailers, providing a range of fresh food, groceries, general merchandise, liquor and fuel to millions of customers every day.
We have over 2,400 retail outlets across Australia covering Coles supermarkets, Coles Express fuel and convenience sites, Spirit Hotels and liquor stores under Liquorland, Vintage Cellars, Liquor Market and First Choice Liquor branding.
While some things have changed over the years, one thing remains the same – our customer first strategy. We have over 112,000 fantastic team members across the country that are focused on making life easier for our customers and making a difference to the communities we serve every day.
We prefer to deal with you directly and have not engaged an agency for this role, so if you’re interested, please apply.
At Coles, we aim to ensure our team represents the community we serve, embracing the richness of Australia's diverse population.