Reporting to the Strategic Sourcing Manager this role is pivotal in ensuring we optimise spend and our commercial position across Coles Brand product lines. Influencing spend in excess of $3.5Billion p.a. the role requires a strategic procurement professional who understands strategic sourcing and category management principles, the role will require a high degree of influencing and an entrepreneurial mindset to challenge the traditional procurement approach. A great opportunity to work for a leading organisation.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- related tertiary qualification, ideally with commerce, supply chain management or law
- strong end to end strategic sourcing knowledge and highly developed commercial experience, possibly gained in other large commercial/FMCG/Retail enterprise
- research and networking skills to ensure Coles is at the forefront of industry leading practices and strategic trends
- strong business acumen and negotiation skills gained in major projects and contract negotiations
- skills in the development of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models that, where applicable incorporate all cost dimensions and risk analysis elements
- demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- entrepreneurial mindset
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- communicates regularly with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of objectives and to build a clear understanding of business requirements
- actively engage with stakeholders as defined in alignment with Category throughout the strategy development and sourcing execution process
- implements sourcing initiatives that ensure delivery of business plans and category strategies
- leads the full sourcing process which includes development of scope, supplier selection/evaluation, commercial negotiation, risk mitigation and contract execution, ensuring the appropriate business involvement at all stages of the process
- identifies opportunities and realises value through effective use of strategic cost management tools
- supports the implementation of new contracts and change of supplier, ensuring efficient management of change and in particular effective handover to and understanding of contract terms by front line supervisors
Coles is a fast-paced, constantly changing business that focuses your talents and challenges you to perform at your best.
As a team, we’re bold with ideas and operate with pace and passion, always looking for better ways to transform retail and delight customers.
If that isn’t exciting enough, as a team member at Coles you:
- will receive a staff discount and exclusive team member offers
- can enjoy a convenience store located onsite
- are able to sample new products and flavours before they hit the shelves
- have access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic
- will be part of a fun and inclusive culture where customer, community and team are at the heart of what we do
Today, Coles is one of Australia’s iconic retailers, providing a range of fresh food, groceries, general merchandise, liquor and fuel to millions of customers every week.
We have a combination of over 2,400 retail outlets across Australia covering Coles supermarkets, Coles Express fuel and convenience sites, Spirit Hotels and liquor stores under Liquorland, Vintage Cellars and First Choice Liquor branding.
While some things have changed over the years, one thing remains the same – our customer first strategy. We have over 112,000 fantastic team members across the country that are focused on making life easier for our customers and making a difference to the communities we serve every day.
We prefer to deal with you directly and have not engaged an agency for this role, so if you’re interested, please apply.
At Coles, we aim to ensure our team represents the community we serve, embracing the richness of Australia's diverse population.