The Senior Category Manager - Logistics is primarily responsible for leading the development and execution of procurement best practices for all supply chain spend across the Coles Group.
Being a procurement professional with a strong commercial understanding of supply chain, this role will provide you the opportunity to lead a team and collaborate with a range of internal customers to help execute the strategic direction for supply chain agreements which support our DC’s and stores.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- demonstrated procurement experience in managing large operational contracts with values in excess of $100M per project and $500M+ annual spend
- highly developed commercial experience, gained in other large commercial/FMCG/Retail enterprises with the ability to negotiate effective agreements to achieve strategic goals
- achieved or exceeded annual efficiency and savings targets set against category plans, through commercial dealings with suppliers and internal customers ideally within supply chain or logistics
- advanced analytical and research skills to ensure Coles is at the forefront of industry leading practices and strategic trends
- supply chain experience either working as a commercial manager within supply chain or operational management including P&L responsibility
- a natural leadership style, able to build rapport and strong relationships with internal teams and vendors
- consulting experience within supply chain or procurement (highly regarded)
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- support the development and execution of procurement best practices for all Supply Chain spend across all Coles business areas
- proactively manage contracts throughout their lifecycle, working within the framework of the contract with critical suppliers and business stakeholders
- maintain strategic relationships with critical suppliers, engaging them in long term partnering to extract optimal and mutual business benefits for both parties
- implement sourcing initiatives that ensure delivery of business plans and category strategies, leveraging value or mitigating risk from changes in markets
- develop and maintain strong relationships with internal customers, understanding their requirements from procurement to achieve business goals
- lead, motivate and manage a team of procurement and category specialists to drive and achieve best practice within business unit
Coles is a fast-paced, constantly changing business that focuses your talents and challenges you to perform at your best.
As a team, we’re bold with ideas and operate with pace and passion, always looking for better ways to transform retail and delight customers.
If that isn’t exciting enough, as a team member at Coles you:
- will receive a staff discount and exclusive team member offers
- can enjoy a convenience store located onsite
- are able to sample new products and flavours before they hit the shelves
- have access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic
- will be part of a fun and inclusive culture where customer, community and team are at the heart of what we do
Today, Coles is one of Australia’s iconic retailers, providing a range of fresh food, groceries, general merchandise, liquor and fuel to millions of customers every week.
We have a combination of over 2,400 retail outlets across Australia covering Coles supermarkets, Coles Express fuel and convenience sites, Spirit Hotels and liquor stores under Liquorland, Vintage Cellars and First Choice Liquor branding.
While some things have changed over the years, one thing remains the same – our customer first strategy. We have over 112,000 fantastic team members across the country that are focused on making life easier for our customers and making a difference to the communities we serve every day.
We prefer to deal with you directly and have not engaged an agency for this role, so if you’re interested, please apply.
At Coles, we aim to ensure our team represents the community we serve, embracing the richness of Australia's diverse population.