‘Right Stock Right Time’ is an enterprise initiative to optimise the availability of stock on shelf in real time to meet the needs of our customers while creating benefit for our teams in store.
Responsible for the flow of approximately twenty million cartons delivered to store each week, you’ll focus on maximising opportunities to smooth movements and lift vehicle utilisation, leveraging and enhancing our proprietary systems.
You will develop and lead the execution of the stock flow strategy, aligning our supply chain teams to the optimisation program across the network.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- supply chain leadership experience gained in retail or fast moving consumer goods coupled with Bachelor or Masters level qualifications
- strategic network planning experience with a background in developing systems that support management information
- significant exposure to Distribution Centre (DC) inventory management with expertise in replenishment systems
- a consultative approach to partnering with supermarkets, logistics, supply chain planning groups and vendor
- highly developed leadership, influencing, and talent development capability
- ability to plan, build and deliver major change projects with the agility to continuously iterate and measure improvements
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- champion the phased development and implementation of the stock flow optimisation strategy
- lead the Supply Chain team to support the efficient management of stock through all DCs nationally
- ensure cross functional understanding and alignment to a world class stock flow program
- collaborate with Supply Chain managers to efficiently control stock flow through seasonal events
- solve network capacity constraints through building network expansion plans
- deliver and report on commercial benefits realised, and forecast improvements delivered
- measure, report and engage across supply chain and commercial teams to ensure complete adoption of the program
Coles is a fast-paced, constantly changing business that focuses your talents and challenges you to perform at your best.
As a team, we’re bold with ideas and operate with pace and passion, always looking for better ways to transform retail and delight customers.
Not only will you receive a competitive salary, you’ll also have access to these great benefits:
- a 5% discount when shopping at Coles, Kmart, Officeworks and Target
- learn new skills and develop your existing capabilities - we provide excellent ongoing training and development
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers
- no need to pay for car parking - you can park your car in our multi-level car park, which is exclusive to our team
- get fitter, stronger and faster at our on-site gym
Today, Coles is one of Australia’s iconic retailers, providing a range of fresh food, groceries, general merchandise, liquor and fuel to millions of customers every week.
We have a combination of over 2,400 retail outlets across Australia covering Coles supermarkets, Coles Express fuel and convenience sites, Spirit Hotels and liquor stores under Liquorland, Vintage Cellars and First Choice Liquor branding.
While some things have changed over the years, one thing remains the same – our customer first strategy. We have over 107,000 fantastic team members across the country that are focused on making life easier for our customers and making a difference to the communities we serve every day.
We prefer to deal with you directly and have not engaged an agency for this role, so if you’re interested, please apply.
At Coles, we aim to ensure our team represents the community we serve, embracing the richness of Australia's diverse population.
This role is eligible for the Team Member Referral Program